The Stiansen Award 2017 goes to Dyrevernalliansen
This year’s Stiansen Award has been awarded to the Norwegian animal rights organisation Dyrevernalliansen for their work to improve animal welfare in Norway. The Stiansen Award, which is awarded by the animal foundation Dag S. Stiansens Stiftelse, consists of a contribution of NOK 50,000 and a sculpture by Norwegian artist Elena Engelsen.
– Dyrevernalliansen has been working tirelessly for many years to raise animal welfare issues higher on the political agenda in Norway. We truly appreciate the organisation’s work and therefore wish to honor the them with the Stiansen Award, says the board of Dag S. Stiansens Stiftelse.
The Stiansen Award is presented annually to individuals or organizations that have made extraordinary efforts to promote animal rights and welfare. A council at the foundation proposes candidates to the board based on nominations received from animal supporters worldwide, whereas the board makes the final decision.
– Through consistent, strategic work, Dyrevernalliansen has helped to improve the position of animals in the Norwegian society. In this way, the organisation helps to improve animal welfare in Norway every single day. Dyrevernalliansen is therefore a very worthy recipient of the award, says professor and veterinary Frode Lingaas, chairman of the foundation council at Dag S. Stiansens Stiftelse.
Half a million NOK in project funding
Dag S. Stiansens Stiftelse also provides financial support for projects that promote the welfare and rights of animals. Project funding is handed out based on the applications received online. This year, more than NOK 500,000 has been awarded to 16 projects and organisations:
- Foreningen for omplassering av dyr
- NOAH – for animal rights
- Te project “Svanene i Sandvika” by Marianne Fagerstrøm
- Dyrevern Ung
- Solplassen hvile- og omplasseringshjem for hunder
- The project «Katteiere i Holmestrand» by Magnar Ytreland
- Maoland shelter in Romania
- Dyrenes Hus – Dyrebeskyttelsen Oslo og Omegn
- Takis Shelter on Crete
- Norsk Viltsykehus
- Dyrebeskyttelsen Norge, Nord-Jæren
- Föreningen för Höörs Hemlösa Katter in Sweden
- The project «Støtt gatehunder» in Bosnia
For more information, please contact info (at) stiansenstiftelsen.no